Community
Wiki Posts
Search

delta credit card ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2001, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

delta credit card ?

does anyone have any info on the offer from Delta for a 10,000 mile bonus for taking out the credit card? I called amex and they said i would have to of received this in the mail
is there a code that i could use if someone has receiced this offer ? that way i could register on line. Thanks
Old Jul 15, 2001, 1:20 pm

Go to www.mileageworkshop.com/ , click on "Concourse C", and scroll down. They have a link for the information you want.
Old Jul 15, 2001, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

sorry if i forgot to mention that with this offer the 1st year of credit card fee is waved.
Old Jul 15, 2001, 1:56 pm

somat -- See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum69/HTML/000453.html
Old Jul 15, 2001, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
You might want to try for the Platinum and get 15k miles. Higher annual tho...
Old Jul 16, 2001, 7:44 am

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
somat:

I just got a current offer in the mailing with my Skymiles statment. I will look to see if I still have it. It is for the Gold card for 10,000 miles and first year free.
Old Jul 17, 2001, 11:59 pm
Original Member

The flyer I received yesterday says you may send in the form or call 1-800-482-9500. Codes on the bottom of the form:
Lower left: ABV T06DG18402
Lower right: SL61 and then OPGTA
The card is free for one year and you get 10000 miles for signing up, plus 1 or 2 miles per dollar spent.

If this doesn't work, you can get more ideas on how you might get this card on my website at http://home.earthlink.net/~pgary/TravelFrame.html. Click on Free Frequent Flyer Miles in the right menu, then Credit Cards in the top menu.
Old Jul 18, 2001, 8:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by somat:
does anyone have any info on the offer from Delta for a 10,000 mile bonus for taking out the credit card? I called amex and they said i would have to of received this in the mail
is there a code that i could use if someone has receiced this offer ? that way i could register on line. Thanks
</font>
I have that card and did the offer to get 10k miles and no fee first year. When I called to ask for the card, they gave it to me no problem, but when I got my first statement, there was a fee charged. I then had to fight with them for a couple phone calls to get them to remove it. They wanted me to "prove" that I really got that offer, questioning its existence. Funny that there was no question when I signed up. They were telling me to "just pay it now lest you get a late charge" and I insisted they remove it immediately because it should not have been there in the first place. They were playing that stupid game of "nothing I can do from here" which I respond with "then let me talk with someone who can, a supervisor." Finally I got it removed. The card is good, and the double miles in certain places can help offset the idea that Amex is not as widely accepted as Visa. After a year, they offered me nothing to sign up for another year (this time $85 fee) so they converted my card to a free card, though one which gives me only 1 mile per $2 spent. I will only use it as a backup card because I normally use the CO Visa who offered me 6k to renew.
Old Jul 18, 2001, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
The deal I signed up with was 6 months free. I used their website to view my statement before it was ever sent, and I also had the $85 fee billed. One call to complain, they said they'd pass it on to marketing for verification, and 2 days later, before the first bill had been mailed, the charge was reversed.

So my advice, monitor your bill online.

I use the card in places offering double miles, and my Citi AA card elsewhere. I expect I'll cancel once the 6 months is up.
Old Jul 18, 2001, 1:55 pm

If you get the Platinum Delta card you will get 15,000 miles initially and another 10,000 at renewal if you spend over 25k in the first year. If you don't have big spending plans, go with the free card and the 10,000 Delta miles. Then just before the end of the 1st year, get the "Blue" card from AmEx. It has no fee, additional cards with no fee and it earns Membership Reward points which can be converted 1-1 for Delta Miles.
Old Jul 18, 2001, 2:20 pm

I was charged the annual fee too;after many attempts to get it removed,they told me to send a copy of the offer stating no annual fee.after i did that they finally credited my account.ALWAYS PHOTOCOPY THE APPLICATION FOR YOR RECORDS,you never know when you will need it for proof!!
Old Jul 18, 2001, 2:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by clanson:
get the "Blue" card from AmEx. It has no fee, additional cards with no fee and it earns Membership Reward points.</font>
clanson -- "Blue" card is not eligible for the Membership Rewards Program. It has its own rewards program - Blue Loot with gift certificates and various merchandise as rewards options.

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 07-18-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.