Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RE: "Can We Talk?" concerns

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 1998, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

RE: "Can We Talk?" concerns

Thanks to all of you who posted concerns/comments/suggestions related to the "Can We Talk?" promotion we are currently running. Let me address two issues:

1) Technical problems. We are looking into why some of you were "locked out" when trying to post on Sunday, 5/17. So far, the only explanation we can identify is that the server was very, very busy and the CGI could not keep up.

2) Rules. We are not inclined to change the rules of the contest at this juncture to allow people to only make one post. The winner for 5/17 was not one of the people who made multiple, immediate posts; in fact, the winning post was not made until 2:26 pm. Therefore, we still believe that thoughtful, considered posts will carry the day over multiple, rushed posts made to "beat the system," and so we have elected not to make any rules changes at this juncture.

If you have comments or concerns about "Can We Talk?" please email me at [email protected]. Thanks.
Old May 18, 1998, 3:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
Flying Dutchman posted the correct response at 12:02, but not in a reply post, because he too was having problems post the correct answer....he posted his reply as re:eeny, meeny, miney...
Old May 18, 1998, 5:35 pm
Original Member

Yes, the FlyingDutchman did indeeed win, but not until 2:26 with the answer "British Airways Executive Club U.S.A.".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.