FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dollar Discount Codes
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:06 am
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
$40, $220

I stand corrected re the error message that I got the first go-round. The error was mine. My flip comment was a propos of the shill veiled ads we often see in one-off posts on these boards (NOT by the people who are up front about who they represent).

In penance, I just banged SW2358 around for Economy at some of my upcoming destinations, comparing it with Orbitz (didn't try any other affinity codes), for weekdays and weekends. Sure enough -- this is $40 base across the board, all places, all dates, weekday and weekend. Great when compared with the $83 Economy weekday base rate, which I do sometimes see (from Dollar? ouch!). Not so great vs. typical weekend rates of ~$20 base.

The code yields $220 Economy weekly base, across the board. It does save a couple of bucks vs. codeless rates for summer weeks.

In short, since it's consistent, if $40 and $220 are better than what you can get otherwise, do it.