FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FREE Upgrade to first class thanks to Indian Call Centre!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:14 am
mchaudry2

Programs: Skywards Gold, Abassador Gold, Fly BMI,Starwood Gold, Hilton Honours
FREE Upgrade to first class thanks to Indian Call Centre!

Just wanted to share an experience with everyone here!

My parents have been looking to book a reward flight for my sister and nice to come over from the States. Father had 37,500 miles and Mum 20k miles.

After a treking ANA tools for weeks on end finally managed to find Two seats in Biz from SFO-LHR in United. Seat was reserved for 48hours and my dad phoned and booked two one way tickets within the 48hours. Chap in the call centre, said he needed to work out taxes and would call back. 3Hrs later phone call returned will appropriate taxes and father promtly made payment for both one ways. (however they would not allow him to book both one ways as he had two BMI accounts resulting from his application for the credit card with bonus miles! 4weeks of calling every second day and constantly being told it will be done in 48hrs! never happened and even the email came back bounced!)

My quest continued to now look for the return flights to the states. I found LHR-LA-SFO with NZ to LA. Called to buy miles for my mums account and was told I had to do this online and that it would take 40DAYS to credit to the account. Anyway logged on and bought an additional 16k and surprised to see it credited immediately called to book seats. Ran thru the iteniery and make this second booking. Just by chance I asked if they could confirm the first booking from SFO....to be told that my sisters booking ok but niece's booking was cancelled as we never called back in the specified 48 hours!!

to cut the story short, after some raised and voices and some strong language got to speak to a manger and the whole experience above mentioned, he advised he will call United to check if they will make available another seat.

Got call today from him advising no seats on United, however they will do SFO-MUN-LHR in first with Lufty for same miles and cash as original booking in BIZ!

Credit card came straight out and both seats booked and confirmed!!