FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 8th annual dhammer53 Brooklyn Reality Tour - report
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:08 am
cawhite

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Dan, thanks again for a wonderful day and the TR is a fantastic summary!
Originally Posted by dhammer53
...bk3day brought a few dozens bagels to get us in the eating mood!!...
Warm Ess-a-bagels! Yum.

...I passed around some delicious bakey goodies once we got started...
B&Ws and rugelach...yum. From my favorite Brooklyn bakery, too! The only thing that would've made it more perfect is if we'd run into each other at Ostrovitsky's on Friday given how close our timing was.

...I expected to stop for 45 minutes. We were speedily served in 15 minutes. Typical Brooklyn, and typical Flyertalkers that couldn't wait to have some delicious bakery goodies from an old fashion Jewish bakery...
I couldn't believe how quickly they got everyone through there. It seemed to be a lot faster than in previous years with half the amount of people.

...cawhite pre-ordered 24 to take back to Chicago.
Thankfully they only had to make it as far as CT on Monday. As expected, they were very well received.

...I had no intention of stopping at my childhood home. As we approached, I told the driver to slow down, then stop. Seems the front door was wide open. I took this as a sign from above. I stopped the bus.
A couple of years back, cawhite knocked on the door. I ducked for cover. This year I was apprehensive as I approached. When I told the woman that she bought the house from my Mom, she said in typical Brooklyn fashion whats her name? When I responded, she had a big smile for me.
This may have been the moment on BRT 8. Every year, there's always one moment that's noteworthy...
That gets my vote (but you already knew that).

Our pizza stop was sponsored by Randy and www.BoardingArea.com
Thanks Randy. ^
Starwood provided a 5000 point gift cert that was raffled off. And no, I didn't win, since my son neglected to give me a ticket.
Thanks again to Randy, the Mods and BoardingArea.com!

Seeya and Wireless continued their tradition of joining us for pizza, as did Mary2e and hubby2e , along with Art234 and his wife.

edited to add stockmanjr, monitor, and franny.
Another good tradition!

Can I expect you next year?
Absolutely!!!