FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is B6's Standby Policy?
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2008, 5:25 pm
MrDave

Programs: SkyMiles, Dividend Miles, True Blue, Membership Rewards
The other day I was on a DL flight ATL to LGA, not knowing how long it would take me to get there I wound up at ATL 2:45 before my flight. As I was checking in my bag I saw that there was a flight leaving in 50 minutes. I asked if I could get on it. They took the boarding pass I printed at the hotel, gave me a new one for the earlier flight and off I went. Nice and easy. Now, had JB had the same flight I would have either had to wait or pay. Although, I should have had to pay on DL with no fuss or request by me they didn't charge. And yes if they flew to ATL they would have been in the running.

Once again, IMHO it is the difference between a legacy carrier and the new players.

Now, before everybody bashes me. I do fly and like JB. I will be taking them to LV the end of July and again in November and that is just what I know so far.

Service in the air is top notch. On the ground, is fair at best where a lot of other carriers look the other way for slightly overweight luggage, flight changes, late arrivals to the airport and other issues. I have found JB to be lacking.

-Dave