FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Berlin, Germany 2008 on [Master Thread]
Old Jun 20, 2008, 4:27 pm
Flying Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I have a tendency to agree. I returned today from a short stay (after a two month vacancy from this hotel). It is no longer the old place, but just "another Westin".

The mixture of colours tends to hurt the eye and the mixture of old and new style in the rooms is not my kind of taste: Pale wood, red wood, brown wood....

The breakfast restaurant is a pain. If you knew the old FRIEDRICH you were used to a posh place with nice tablecloth, a wonderful buffet and great service. And now: It is something like a canteen with a horrible mix of colors. The price however, is still the same.

This time I stayed the first time in the "new" wing facing Unter den Linden. The rooms there had still been 1987 style and they did a full rennovation of these rooms. I had a -72 suite and this was a true two room suite - not bad at all and new style ONLY. I a liked this much better than the old-new mix eg of the -21 suite type.