FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spending five hours in CDG - 2E and 2D (no lounge access)
Old Jun 15, 2008, 4:09 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Wow, I would say that would make for a pretty exhausting experience arriving from IAH unless their flight is early! count 30-60 minutes depending on their luck to disembark and clear immigration, then 20 minutes to walk to the RER station and buy tickets, then over 1 hour to wait for the RER, take it, change to the metro and arrive at Trocadero. By now, they would have anywhere between 0 and 60 minutes to enjoy the Tour Eiffel from below (queues would be too long to go up!) before heading back to CDG where they would be mad to arrive less than 60 minutes early if they do not know the airport. Personally, I really wouldn't do it... If they are not used to flying, they will be really tired by the time they arrive, and any unexpected problem (for instance if they don't find the metro station right away on the way back or something) would make them stress out... I'd personally stick with a nice bar or a day room if they are a bit early.