FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Partners with Energy Plus
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:21 am
Eve6MediaHQ

Programs: AA GLD
This is nice in theory, but apparently you have to compare the rates every month. Some months it is cheaper than letting Con Ed supply the energy, but some months it is the opposite. It seems too good to be true to just be earning True Blue points for something that I wasn't before.

For example, even if this didn't save me one penny, it would obviously be worth the True Blue points alone (even though at 1 point per $100, you aren't getting a free trip anytime soon).

The real issue is deciding if it is worth it for you to possibly pay more for electricity, but constantly have this extending your True Blue points expiration date. It might be a good choice for someone who can't get the AMEX, but wants to extend their expiration.

It would be awesome if someone in NYC has the time and energy to do a cost analysis on this and see if it would be worth it to switch based on the last 6 months worth of rates, considering the Jet Blue points you will receive from this promo. I don't have the time to run the numbers, but perhaps someone does? I believe that if you call up Energy Plus they will give you the past few months rates and then you have to compare it to the rates on the supply portion of your most recent ConEd bill. Report back here if you take the time to do it. I am curious!