FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Chairman's Club: Managers Dont Know?!
Old May 31, 2008, 10:03 pm
lardiop

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Originally Posted by heffa
Notes section? How do you get notes into your reservation, or did the CHM desk do that for you over phone?
afaik, there is a notes or special instruction section attached to each reservation. I always ask the CHM desk to put little requests in there or if I'd like them try and get me a specific car.

Just as the phone reservation is coming to a close with the CHM desk, I say something like 'could you just put something for me in the notes section' and they always seem to do it. Last week I really wanted to try out a new Cadillac CTS (specialty class) so I made a reservation with the CHM desk, and asked the agent to reflect my preference in the notes section.

I showed up to the location to find a brand new CTS. Manager told me she had it brought over from the other side of town. ^

As for the rental today here's what went down. I don't know who I got the other day when I called, because this guy sounded very different and had the Avis manager name tag.

Showed up around 10 minutes early to the location only to find the small Avis office empty. I waited outside for around 10 minutes until the manager of the location asked if he could help me. I said I had a reservation for Mr. lardiop at 9:00.

The manager pulls the rental info up on the computer, and asks: "Would you like a PT Cruiser or a Sebring?" Confused, I politely asked if there was any reason why I was being offered an intermediate car. (I noticed a bunch of Impalas and Magnums parked right by the door)

Manager looks at me and says, "that's what you have booked right"? I inquire whether my Chairman status was confirmed for this rental? He looks right at me and says "What's that?"

I dig into my wallet and pull out my CHM card and hand it to him. He remarks "Hmm, first time I've ever heard of that, is it kind of like the President's Club? How does it work?"

I explain the details of the program and what my typical rental experience is like. The manager looks at me and says 'Well, I guess I could give you an Impala or Magnum as an upgrade...'

I look at my watch and realize I have to leave asap to get to my meeting on time. I ask if he has anything better, small SUV, van, anything. Manager says a full size is the best he can do and hands me the keys to a dirty red Magnum wagon with a lackluster interior and an underpowered 3.5 V6 under the hood.

Drove it around for the day and returned it about 10 hours before it was due back. Left the keys in the drop box knowing I'd never rent from here again.

Will calling the CHM desk do anything? I don't want to be 'that guy' who always calls and complains, but it was definitely my worst Avis experience to date.