FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very rude SFO RCC agent re: mileage runs
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2008, 7:59 pm
cheepneezy

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Agent: Is LAX your final destination
Me: No, I'm continuing to SAN
Agent: Why don't you just fly straight there?
Originally Posted by exerda
I once needed to go on a non-stop because my inbound had been delayed enough that if I caught the rebooked connecting flights, I'd be stranded at a connecting airport. (I was flying DCA-ORD-MSP-DEN-SBA-LAX, and DCA-ORD was delayed over 2 hours.) The RCC agent told me, "You booked it that way, you fly it that way." And refused to put me on standby for the nonstop... As usual, a kind GA fixed it right up and put us on the ORD-LAX nonstop. ^
You guys confuse me. On the one hand. Lucky is annoyed that the RCC Agent wants to fly him straight to SAN, yet exerda is upset because the RCC Agent wants to enforce the routing that he booked. Isn't that the inherent danger of a Mileage Run? And I imagine the original revenue stream would be different for a nonstop vs. 5-stop. I don't think these agents have a chance with these bookings and trying to make people happy when irrops occur. Hmmm, what's more important, getting there, or getting miles? For everyone, it's different.

That said, Lucky's RCC agent certainly has a right to feel that way about Mileage Runners, but the last thing he should be doing is voicing that opinion to a customer.