FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very rude SFO RCC agent re: mileage runs
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2008, 7:35 pm
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I've no idea why it seems like so many RCC agents are anti-MR. (It's probably more like they are just anti-customer-service.)

I once needed to go on a non-stop because my inbound had been delayed enough that if I caught the rebooked connecting flights, I'd be stranded at a connecting airport. (I was flying DCA-ORD-MSP-DEN-SBA-LAX, and DCA-ORD was delayed over 2 hours.) The RCC agent told me, "You booked it that way, you fly it that way." And refused to put me on standby for the nonstop... As usual, a kind GA fixed it right up and put us on the ORD-LAX nonstop. ^

Yet GAs seem to either not care about MRs (for those who even know what they are) or even encourage them. I've even had GAs suggest better routings for more miles!

p.s. I bet we just missed each other today--I also flew IAD-SFO, but on the 7:10 am flight (UA187). Due to the weather, I hung out at SFO for a while after arriving, then decided to drive around and try to get some photography in... and gave up in the rain. Of course, by the time I got to the hotel, the sun had come out.