FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wheelchair assistance - who qualifies and some questions
Old May 23, 2008, 4:26 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RadioGirl

Travel has been the only time I got any real exercise - I can't be bothered walking around the block at home but I love walking for hours in a strange city. Fortunately (?) this trip is for business and I won't have much time for sightseeing. And I've joined the swimming club at home to get regular (boring) exercise.
I can sympathise with this completely, and you've made me feel a little better about myself!

I assumed that once I would be back on my feet again I'd be striding around all my old haunts making up for lost time and independence. It hasn't worked out that way at all. I kind of got too used to being at home and feel a sense of both apathy and trepidation going out by myself. It doesn't help that my once brisk pace is now a series of moderate steps.

So I've redeemed a bunch of miles and am heading to Japan (a country where I feel extremely 'safe' on many levels) alone, and to a region where I don't know anyone.

This will force me to exercise and confront the world without my husband, who has been such a magnificent support. I've also chosen to go somewhere without internet access or television .