FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Share iDine Bonuses sticky discussions and other
Old May 4, 2008, 12:09 pm
pgary
Original Member

Originally Posted by Beckles
I remember doing that specifically after this post last year
Huh? After you found that link, you posted it at post #195. Why should I repeat your efforts?

and just last week with the Midwest sign-up offer
Cornroaster provides me with all information on the Midwest deals, especially those that you can see only if you are a memeber of the program. (I'm not.) He posted what he had on the lastest one. There was no link to it available at the time. I have it on my list to check again in a few days. Cornroaster always posts here the Midwest deals he knows about either ahead of or simultaneously with any notice he emails to me. I see no reason to duplicate his effort.

If you're not going to share information here that is not already posted here but is on your website, I think it is selfish for you to be coming here and asking FT members to provide you links for offers so you can put them on your website. Even if you said "I just posted a new Priority Club offer on my website." I wouldn't have a problem with that, but just being silent about it is what bothered me.
With this partucular thread I find that all iDine bonuses eventually get posted here, due to the good efforts of yourself, Cornroster, and others. Even if I post something first on my website, it gets posted here by those of you taking responsibility for this within a few days and before the start of the bonus period. So I wait a few days before seeing if I have to post it. I appreciate those of you who keep up on these offers. They save me the work of posting them here.

I belive in shared labor. So does the army of my readers who feed me most of the offers I post on my website. I have always assumed that you, cornroaster, and others wanted to take the lead in keeping this forum informed of iDine offers, and I appreciate your doing so, so I will not have to. I see no reason to duplicate your efforts.

I know of no iDine bonus on my website that has not appeared here in a timely manner. But if you guys stop posting these deals, I will.

Moderator: The title of this sticky thread is "Please Share iDine Bonuses". When people see a new post here, they expect to read about a new iDine bonus. Their time is wasted reading about this disagreement between Beckles and me. I suggest you remove all posts relating to this disagreement, specificly this post and posts 317,318, 319, and 320. I suggest you do the same for any other future that is not a post of an iDine bonus, suggesting to the poster that he or she start a new thread on the specific bonus. Thanks.

Last edited by pgary; May 4, 2008 at 12:18 pm