FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Packing perfume for carry-on---any tips?
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:17 pm
panicked

Originally Posted by yamakake
Back from Sephora, and ready to report.
I asked for a sample of a perfume that I've been meaning to try, the Eau Fraiche version of Chance, and watched the saleswoman prepare it for me: she spritzes the atomizer into a small funnel, minimizing the spray and thereby minimizing the evaporation. So I guess I don't need to worry about tracking down non-atomizer versions.

I got two of the pink purse-size atomizers from Sephora that panicked had pointed out. I haven't yet filled them, but they look like they'll work nicely. There's a shorter, slightly larger in diameter silver version, but it didn't look as well made, so I stuck with the pink one. I think the volume will work out fine---I travel carry-on even for longer trips of one to three weeks, so this volume is not excessive.
I've never had a problem transferring perfume into a purse atomizer, even without the funnel. You have to be a little careful, but it's easy, and you don't have to use or wash a funnel. Just hold the sprayer right up against the mouth of the purse atomizer insert, and carefully spray until it's filled.