FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Fuerstenhof, Leipzig, Germany [No longer Marriott-affiliated]
Old Apr 24, 2008, 7:58 pm
bobo809

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Stayed at the Westin leipzig for four days. Room was small but nicely decorated. Free internet in the room; it has T-mobile hot spot too, but reasonable priced at 29 euros for 30 days. Breakfast was good. I'm plat and did not get free breakfast. Other than 500 amenity points and nicer room, there is no plat benefit to speak of. The Westin is a blend hotel that you can find anywhere.

After checking out, I went to Hotel Fuerstenhof. I was upgraded to a large suite on 4th floor, facing the main street. The windows were really well built. I can hear no noise from the busy street. The bed was very comfortable, and I had a great sleep. The bathroom was all marble with top quality materials and construction. The lobby has a small hotel atmosphere. The dining room for breakfast was elegant and intimate. Service was excellent. The manager recognized me by name on the first I met him. He said "I know all my guests". I was impressed. I asked to see the famous Serpentine room, and the desk gladly opened and showed to me. This hotel is historic, very special, and very worth visiting. This hotel is really a gem in starwood.