FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [CONGA]Ebates $10.00 Sign-up bonus is back
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:09 am
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by roadtripman
Anyways, let's let this thread fall into the great abyss of the archives now (as long as there is no one else out there that wants a free $10 bonus (disclaimer: AFTER SPENDING $5.00!!!!!)...
Please don't take it personal. I am just pointing out some bad info. There's nothing wrong to get some extras from what you are going to do normally.

Your disclaimer is wrong again. The "at least $5.01 cashback" is not spending $5.00 thru ebates. It's "to earn at least $5.01 cashback from ebates merchants" in a given quarter. Let's say merchant A is offering 3% ebate cashbacks. It means you have to purchase no less than $167 ($167x 0.03= $5.01) from merchant A, otherwise your cashback won't meet the required threshold.

Not everyone is a big spender. Folks have to figure out the best shopping portals that meet their needs, either miles, points or cash-wise. The other conga on Mr. Rebates has a higher threshold ($25 or $30?) for cashout, which I know I am not going to make it so I don't shop thru them. Between ebates and Jellyfish, Jellyfish worked better for my shopping need last November. I ended up with a free Nikon and two free printers (MIRs, Paypal promo, and cashbacks).

Anyway, I am going way OT beyond ebates conga. I better stop now.