FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Room Upgrade for Gold level rewards members
Old Apr 12, 2008, 7:31 am
sophiegirl

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by goodison
Thanks both. Do I need to have my MR number attached to the booking in advance or is showing the card on arrival enough? Does either approach affect how likely an upgrade is?
Rooms are assigned in advance (for the most part) so you always want to insure that your number is attached to the booking. It does not hurt to ask nicely at ch/in too - as in "was an upgrade available with my reservation?"

A FYI note re upgrades - in a "resort" or big city property - upgrades often consist of larger rooms, rooms copnsidered to have a "view" (such as hhoope1 mentions below) or additional/increased amenities. (supply of bottled water, etc).

I am at a property now where the "upgrade" was not a suite - but a huge corner room with 2 walls of windows overlooking a river. IMO, far nicer than a suite .

You will often have more success gaining this type of upgrade than a "suite" - and if you are going to Disney with the kids; a view of the fireworks with no crowds may be the best upgrade imaginable!