FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]
Old Apr 3, 2008, 2:49 am
TechOps

Programs: UA 1K / 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum, Amex Platinum
Thumbs up My stay at the FRA Sheraton

I stayed at the FRA Sheraton last night, due to United grounding its 777 fleet. Finding the hotel was hideous, but when I did get there, the lobby and aesthetics were splendid. Upon checkin, I was upgraded to a tower room on the 5th floor (SPG), and since I am flying (N)C, given a 30 euro dinner and 20 euro breakfast vouchers.

When I entered the room, I was pleasantly suprised at the size of the room (nice for American standards, palatial for European standards), and the bed (see above). The design is a nice mix between modern and typical, with an unimpressive TV, unique and functional wood slab desk, and tasteful lighting. Not much of a view out the window, with another Sheraton tower next to me and a sliver of the airport, but hey.... it's an airport hotel after all.

For dinner, I skipped the voucher and went to the banquet room where UA had set up catering for the masses. The dinner was so-so.

For breakfast, I went to Flavors, one of the hotel's restaurants. They told me the buffet was 34 euro, but upon pulling out my 20 euro voucher they took it and waved me inside. The interior and settings were quite nice, service exceptionally good, and the buffet itself was a typical European spread -- except the food choices being about 2-2.5x as large as a typical hotel breakfast, and the quality being clearly a cut above.

Overall, I'd give this hotel 4.75 out of 5 stars. For what it is, a European hotel and a Sheraton, it gets heaps of praise from me. Although I was delayed by a day, this was certainly a good way to spend the downtime. I highly recommend this place if you're doing business in the area and need some place close to connecting flights. I wouldn't be surprised to see Starwood upgrade this past a Sheraton.