FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do you think of Bintan?
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:15 am
Kismaibat

Programs: NW,SQ
Hello there...
Bintan is nice.. for a night or 2...
Don't expect it to be like Bali or the Maldives..
But for that particular region, it is a nice place to escape to from the hustle and bustle of Singapore.

Banyan Tree is one of the better resorts on the island.( There are a couple of others)
There is nothing much to see on the rest of the island though.. well based on my previous visits anyway,where I popped by this so-called tourist village with nothing much there.Perhaps for some provisions like soft-drinks and snacks.
The resort may plan a special event like a beach party during your stay. If not check out if the other resorts are planning anything special.
They do have watersports there.Mana-Mana Beach resort has jet-skis and banana-boat rides.
But all in all.. nothing really spectacular.

I did drop by this seafood joint which was nice and affordable.
Can't remember what it was though, but you can always ask the concierge if there are nice place to dine outside of the resorts, and if you are fortunate, there will be a shuttle to bring you there.
Transportation around the island is usually by a shuttle that will go around the resorts to pick up and drop off guests.
Currency of choice would be SGD though, given the proximity to SIN, but having some rupiah on standby would be fine.

Oh, you may need to get a Visa on arrival seeing Bintan is part of Indonesia.
Not too sure how much it is though.
Check out the thread on Batam. Could be some useful info there.

Have a safe trip.. cheers!

Last edited by Kismaibat; Mar 14, 2008 at 8:24 am