FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]
Old Mar 5, 2008, 9:48 am
skye1

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I couldn't agree more with everything Blissworld just posted. I just stayed there this past weekend and had a similarly great experience, for all the reasons that he/she (uh...don't know which bliss is ) had. Convenient location, fantastic staff, excellent room with tons of cool features, etc.

It reminds me of my similar contention as Bliss' in that european SPG properties just seem to "get it" as far as the SPG program.

To add:
The hotel had a "late night buffet" in the lobby, right behind the check-in lines by the front desk. I couldn't get an answer as to if this was their "Unwind" offering. I thought it may have been set out for a group checking in/arriving, but that wasn't the case either. And, it wasn't just a few snacks, but a collection of pastas & seafood dishes, fruits, cheeses, soups, etc.

The lobby bar was nicely set off from the main lobby, with a cool vibe to it.

The classic European cars everywhere about the lobby were really cool.

Another gadget of the room were the motorized mini-blinds inside the window b/n the soaking tub & the bedroom.

Yep, both bathrooms had speaker controls...couldn't figure out what the sound source of the speakers was, 'tho.

For a "junior suite" it was indeed more like a one-bedroom apartment. Well done, with more mood lighting combinations than anyone could want.

The espresso machine uses the new "capsules"---so EASY, so CONVENIENT. Restocked at turn-down as well

The staff---fantastic!

My junior suite was just down the hall from the 6th floor spa...great Westin Workout facility with plenty of modern machines & free weights, separate mens & womens locker rooms & showers, lockers (no need to bring your own key or lock). Past the locker rooms is a healthy-stuff bar & lounge area, then the indoor pool area. Upstairs from the pool area is a co-ed sauna area with sauna & sonarium (a co-ed sauna & sonarium may or may not take a little getting used to for Americans not used to that, especially with signage specifically prohibiting bathing suits in that area), large raised soaking tub, showers (both the shower kind and the cold waterfall kind), relaxation rooms.