FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overbooking/Bumped Compensation for Flight
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:25 pm
mackers

I was on AC 594 on Feb 4, 2008 which was cancelled due to mechanicals on the incoming flight. Once in Las Vegas, the crew needs 8 hours of "rest" so that cancelled the flight for us all, until the afternoon the next day.

We all received a letter from Air Canada the next day for a $100 voucher - this was a Las Vegas to Toronto flight, obviously, a flight originating in the USA. I haven't had a chance to write anything to Air Canada, to hopefully bump that up a bit.

In 2007, I was on flight AC 512 ORD-YYZ, which was downgauged, a little plane appeared where a big one should have been. No hotel, or any other type of compensation was provided, as this was the last flight back. My complaint then got me $200, so it seems that writing a complaint letter might work.

Does anyone know if there is a standard type of payment that an airline leaving from the USA is supposed to pay a passenger, when travelling outside of USA (ie - back to Canada) ? And a handy weblink to a US DOT rule, that I could quickly pass to Air Canada, so I can hopefully get a bump up in the voucher without too much back and forth?

Thanks all!