FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - anyone have a real contact number for customer relations?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:49 pm
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by belynch
The CP desk makes it very clear they don't offer anywhere near the level of service as, say, 1Kall. They handle reservations only and will not intervene with petty things like baggage, customer service, or customer retention.
Sad, but largely true. However, this is a tremendous shift away from what had always been the case until HP took over this airline. The old gals in Winston-Salem were called "angels" for a reason -- they were EMPOWERED to do a lot of stuff behind the scenes to make CPs happy.

I can recall attending a family funeral in Georgia many years ago and landing in ATL to learn that my bags hadn't made the trip from PHL (big surprise). A quick call to the CP desk put me at ease. I was placed on hold for about 60 seconds while the CP agent called both the PHL and the ATL luggage ops folks she told them both what kind of bag I had and that it needed to be in ATL pronto. She came back on the line, told me she'd do her best to keep me posted on my cell phone. Within about 15 minutes, she called me back to tell me that she could confirm that the bag had just been placed on the next ATL outbound from PHL and that it would driven out to my location outside of ATL within an hour of landing. Indeed it was.

That was .....................sigh........................ the OLD USAIRWAYS.