FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - anyone have a real contact number for customer relations?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:40 am
belynch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by USPhilly
This may seem like an obvious answer but what about calling the CP # and send an email to the CP desk?
The CP desk makes it very clear they don't offer anywhere near the level of service as, say, 1Kall. They handle reservations only and will not intervene with petty things like baggage, customer service, or customer retention.

Regarding the CP email, it's hit or miss, but generally just results in your mail being "forwarded to the appropriate department" which is US speak for - black hole.

Edited to add - while I'm not going to speak for the OP, I think they're pretty well versed in what US does and doesn't do for their customers. And it wasn't so much that US couldn't produce his second laptop (which, for the record, you HAVE to check) on demand but it was how they responded to his requests. Sometimes a simple "Mr. US1" I understand that this bag is very important to you and I will do my best to follow-up with operations. Can I take down your cell phone number that way if there's any updates I'll be sure to keep you informed? I appreciate your understanding of the situation we value your business."

That's a LOT better customer service than the magic comment, imho, and costs US nothing.