FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - anyone have a real contact number for customer relations?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:59 am
vysean

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by StuckInRow23Middle
Hey SpaceBass

I'm sorry to hear about your lost luggage situation. But, for some reason, I really don't feel any sympathy. As a 150+ flight/year Chairman's Pref., you should have known never to check your luggage on bad weather days. Perhaps the supervisor was rude, but I don't think there was anything that she could have said that would have made you feel better. What did you want her to do, call over a team of sales agents from Saks and have them open up shop in the Club?
I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. So we can't check luggage on US on a bad weather day? Hell, we probably shouldn't be flying US on a bad weather day, let alone adding a bag or bags to the mix. They offer checked baggage service - they should be able to get your bag from A to B with you, or at the very least, communicate an accurate status of a missing bag. If they can't, they shouldn't offer the service.

If this were any other airline, would you have given a similar response?

I think it's clear the OP was simply looking for a response along the lines of, "Sir please go and purchase whatever you need for your meeting - hold on to your receipts and fax them to XXX-XXX-XXXX. I'll note in your PNR that we had this discussion, and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience." It doesn't matter if the employee cares or not - they can easily say this with some feigned interest. The position is, after all, a customer service one - not customer dis-service.