FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:17 pm
bullitt

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, Southwest A List
Originally Posted by kniveton
I was surprised yesterday standing at the luggage carousel at SFO to see a big black ~26" rollerboard come off the belt and the "Kirkland signature" logo on it.

Sorry, but I don't care how nice the bags are, I couldn't bring myself to tote around Costco bags. It's a matter of self respect, but maybe that's just me. I don't wear Costco clothes either.
I just purchased a Kirkland Rolling Executive Briefcase for $99 online and my first impressions are it is every bit as well constructed and functional as the other bags I've been looking at including Briggs & Riley, Victoronix, Brookstone and Travel Pro but at a third of the price. I received it in 2 days and can return it to any store for a full refund if I find it doesn't fit my needs.
The bottom line to me is function and appearance and this bag looks like all the others and the supplied laptop case is better than any other I've seen and certainly good enough to use as a standalone.

I have a Hartmann Belting Leather Briefcase that cost over $500 and after 6 months of laying under airplane seats and just being used it looked like S#*T. Also, it had to be sent back to them for a minor repair and was out of use for 6 weeks. I've since stopped using it because of its appearance and lack of utility and 4 years ago purchased a TUMI Brief in Ballistic Nylon which has served me well but cost $450.

I bought the TUMI because of my experience with a Garment Bag I used from 1992 - 1999 and later replaced with a Rolling Garment Bag by their entry level line DAKOTA which was half the price and same quallity and appearance.

TUMI is great but I just don't see the 5x cost difference in its utility or construction anymore.

Last edited by bullitt; Feb 8, 2008 at 12:24 pm