FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam, Netherlands, Left SPG 1 Apr 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:36 pm
damon88

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by QF009
After reading the reviews on FT I kinda knew what to expect decor-wise. So no I wasn't disappointed - just that decor wise my rather low expectations were met. Don't get me wrong, I had a comfy stay. But I've also had comfy stays in B+Bs. I might be more a W or LM Art/Tech person than a St Regis or LC fan, but I was still left wondering what's so luxurious about the Pulitzer given the LC tag - when I've stayed at some LC properties, whose decors I might not be a big fan of but are truly luxurious in every sense of that word.
I know what you mean-- here in the states we are W afficianadoes and veer toward the modern and upscale. In Europe too, we sometimes choose a more modern option (Hotel Arts Barcelona, Hotel de Russie Rome )

But we have great fondness for the Starwood luxury properties in Europe. Most are in exceptional locations with spectacular views and attentive staffs.
What they lack in modern decor they make up with service and atmosphere.

I'm thinking of the Excelsior in Florence, the Prince de Galles in Paris and the Danieli in Venice-- all places I can't wait to return.