FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel canceled Starhot (employee) reservation [Update: issue resolved]
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:23 pm
Sebastian13

Angry Hotel canceled Starhot (employee) reservation [Update: issue resolved]

I am an employee of Starwood and I have a privilege of making a discounted starhot reservation if it is offered. I used it on several ocasions. I made a reservation with Westin Los Cabos in Mexico over two weeks ago. The reservation is for 6 nights. I bought also three flight tickets from Chicago, obviously without any restrictions to save money on this trip. Today in the morning I received a phone call from a front desk attendant of Westin Los Cabos to inform me that my reservation will be cancelled due to overbooking. I was shocked. She said that Westin will not look for me for a different accomodation and it will not reimburse me for the flight tickets. Then I talked to a reservation manager and he told me that they cancelling all starhot reservations because they are almost booked and then he threatened that since I cause a problem he would call my HR department. In his opinion I should just say "ok that is great, thanks for calling". I went straight on-line and tried to make a new reservation without using the starhot rate and I was able to do it.

Last edited by Sebastian13; Jan 28, 2008 at 3:45 pm Reason: SOFTENNING THE ISSUE