FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:48 am
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm currently at the Skyline.

I like the hotel quite a bit actually. I mean, it's an airport hotel, but the sleigh bed in my room is kinda cool. I'm a nothing at the moment (this stay puts me to Gold) so I had no upgrade, etc. to worry about.

Ate an early dinner in the Sports Bar, had a couple of Boddingtons, now I'll try to stay awake for another 3 hours or so, although I'd love to sleep.

Hotel Hoppa from Terminal 3 (if you arrive Terminal 4, take the free Heathrow Express train to Heathrow Central). Go outside, wait for the bus. To get back to London, take the Hoppa back and take the tube into the city.

EDITED TO ADD:

Make sure you don't buy two single Hoppa tickets from the machine. The tickets are dated (and torn in half when used), and I had a devil of a time this morning trying to use the second single ticket I purchased as an afterthought last night because it had yesterday's date on it. If you buy from reception, they aren't dated at all. And the driver was trying to sound knowledgeable and that he was giving me a break by taking the dated ("expired") ticket, but he just sounded worse than when he started.

If you take the Hoppa back to go into the city, get off at Terminal 2 and take the Piccadilly line from there. Zone 6. Easy peasy.

Last edited by RichMSN; Jan 28, 2008 at 10:16 am