FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: How long for SPG points to transfer TO an airline; and between SPG accounts ?
Old Jan 11, 2008, 9:27 pm
MikeLikesSpam

Programs: SPG
Lightbulb FAQ: How long for SPG points to transfer TO an airline; and between SPG accounts ?

Hello. I'm pretty new to awards / loyalty programs having recently signed up for an SPG AMEX.

I'm looking for any advice on the best process for determining, transferring and redeeming SPG points for a flight on a set date and location. The number of different airlines available for transfer and the latency between initiating a transfer and when the points are usable in an airline program are the issues that make this issue seem complex to me...

Say for example I want to go to Spain on specific dates. Do I first determine a route I want, then check with the airline for available awards on that route, then xsfer Starpoints and hope that the award is still available once the transaction is complete. Or is there (hopefully) a better method?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Best,
Mike

/mod

Earlier thread can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

/mod

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 19, 2010 at 10:04 am