FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport (Master Thread) - no longer a Holiday Inn Express
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:36 am
jimc_usa

Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport (Master Thread) - no longer a Holiday Inn Express

The hotel is new - but it is in a very heavy construction area. After I dropped of the rental car and found out the shuttle recommended by the hotel didn't go to the hotel (so said the driver), we got a taxi and he dropped us off on the frontage road, he wouldn't navigate all the construction.
There was no restaurant in the hotel and none within walking distance. There was a food delivery service menu. But in spite of the hours open on the menu the receptionist said not before 8 pm. I couldn't call because I don't speak Spanish. Fortunately there were vending machines.
We got a 4 AM wake-up call (actually it was a knock on the door).
The hotel was fine, indifferent staff, almost no parking because of construction, unless you parked at their underground parking for 12 Euros/night. We were charged 10 Euros for taxi from airport and 17 Euros back to the airport.