FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - As a US citizen, what questions is Customs permitted to ask you on arrival in the US?
Old Dec 24, 2007, 9:49 pm
osamede

Originally Posted by railroadtycoon
He found it objectionable then what happened? Question you more? Brought over a supervisor? Just let you go?
As I said, I repeated to him that I was exersising my right to enter the country of my citizenshp and one which insisted on taxing me, no matter where I lived. Seeing that I was standing my ground he decided that I was not a business visitor, told me I was entering for "non-business" purposes and let me in.

As a parting comment he isisted that it was his right to ask me the purpose of my entry to the US. And I told him again it wasnt, as my passport gave the the right to enter the US, a right unbound requiring any "purpose" other than my existence as a US citizen.

Sorry but as some point it seems these folks just absorbthe police state. As a US citizen it is my intrinsic right to enter the country,it is not a right contingent on begging him or anybody else. That right is inherent in your citizenship.