FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:05 pm
1KCLAY

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Marriott (Gold/Lifetime Silver)
1KCLAY/CLAY/35/SFO/SAN FRANCISCO

Hey guys….since I’m probably the newest member of FT, I just signed up this AM…. figured this was the safest place for my first post, though I still feel like I’m walking into a new bar for the first time and don’t know anyone…I’m still learning my way around the site so go easy on me! If you’ve got any advice for a newbie, send it my way!

I’m 35, Vice President of a PR agency here in San Francisco, and I think you can probably figure out from my screen name my airline of choice and that I fly a lot.
I actually stumbled across FT by accident this morning reading an A.Net post. (While I haven’t met him, thanks to WIRELESS for his IAD-PEK-IAD flight pics, they were linked in the post, and that’s how I got “diverted” here!)

I grew up in the Bay Area, but spent 10 years in Washington, DC working for the Clinton Administration and the Democratic Party doing gay & lesbian fundraising. Now I’m back here and live in Twin Peaks. In addition to flying and politics, I love to work out (Sports Club LA anyone?), read, spend time wine tasting, and hang out with friends. Definitely open to meeting new people who share my passion for commercial aviation…would be nice to be able to pick my seatmate from time to time as well, since I always seem to get stuck next to grumpy old straight men!

My friends continually give me grief that I’ll never find a husband being such an airline-geek…“Hey, I can’t help it if he doesn’t fly United!”...(No offense to non-UAL-ers, it’s just what I’m into! ) I’m thinking on this site my interest in aviation and the fact I collect 1/400 diecasts just might be an asset and not such a liability.

Fly safe!
Clay