FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ultra-cheap K fares and inventory
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:33 pm
gnaget

Programs: UA *G MM
Ultra-cheap K fares and inventory

I just booked a really cheap ticket one way ARN-OSL in February. It booked in K class and the nominal price was SEK 300. I normally never book anything this far into the future so it was an unusual "treat" to see these low fares.

Anyway, I had checked a few days ago and I think all but one or two flights showed at this fare. When I came back to book only two flights were at this low price. I bought my 2nd preferred travel time; not a big deal. The fare booked in K, but you don't see this until the end.

I checked Expertflyer. Most flights that day have K inventory (K9) but only two flights still have the cheap K fare. Other flights had L class as well (isn't that lower than K?) but not my flight.

This is strange..... How does SK manage its low cost inventory and how does it relate to the K bucket?

p.s. The flights that still have the ultra-cheap are in the mid-afternoon on a Friday. You would think that they would apply a time restriction rule for a cheap fare to flights in the late morning and around noon as well. But they are K9 U9 L9 but price at SEK 600 plus tax. Very strange.