FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airport Bribes
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:39 pm
AVO321

I have been to SGN two times in the past and i am going there again in four days. The last time i went with my parents, we were hasseled until we gave them money. It was clear that most people had to give them the 5 bucks or else it would take forever before going through. Even when my family were trying to pick up our luggages, it didn't stop. There was a man, who i do not know what his reasons of being there for, kept all the carts. My mom needed a cart because we had two boxes that had no wheels to pull. He kept giving her an attitude and would not give up a damn cart so my mom had to give him 5 dollars and he happily gave it up, without providing any help.

THis time i am going with my younger sister, and my parents told us, do not, under any circumstances, give them any money. My dad also said that many people who have been back in the last yr or so did not have to give any money. I guess they stop asking for it. I feel embarassed, whenever i get off the airport, of my own country. I am only speaking english to them this time, and if they keep hasseling me, i'll stay for the next five hours if i have to, but i'm not giving nothing out. I think it is foolish to think that you have to give them money when i already paid for my $1,000+ tickets.