FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:51 pm
rosscali

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
Jeffrey/44/SFO or OAK/Berkeley, CA

Hello - I am Jeffrey and new to FlyerTalk - just saw that there is a GLBT forum so I have been checking this out in recent days. I am from Berkeley originally and recently moved back into the house I grew up in after I lost my mom last year. Work at UC Berkeley Dept. of Recreational Sports now as I realign myself after big changes last year. Turned 44 in September '07.
All of my travel is personal. At 19 I got a job with United Airlines while in college at UCSB. Worked in Customer Service for 2 years at SBA, learned everything needed to turn a 737 or 727 around, passenger service, ramp service, lost and found, the whole deal. Became a flight attendant to go full time and was based in Chicago (1 yr.), San Francisco (2 1/2 yrs.) and Honolulu (9 years.) Then did a leave of absence and went to Hotel School in Switzerland to get another degree. Resigned from United and went to work for Four Seasons Hotels for a little over 5 years in Austin, TX and East Palo Alto, CA (new FS Silicon Valley.) The stress level in the hotel is higher than the airplane, IMHO.
I have been fortunate to travel quite a bit and it is my big vice. Been to about 31 countries over the years, and always looking to go somewhere else. But always want to go back to Palm Springs as I love the desert. My travel includes non-revenue travel in the early days, when I was younger and crazier, to now when I do what I can to hang onto Gold status with United, and looking to dabble with Alaska in the coming year.
I think air travel has become quite horrendous if you are not in someone's elite level program and this site and its forums help to arm travellers with information they can use to help themselves and eachother find their way in a ever-changing world of travel.