FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM Denied Boarding Compensation TLV-AMS
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2007, 8:25 am
CityExpress

Originally Posted by NickB
forgot to add: if your arrival time at final destination was no more than four hours compared to the original itinerary (which could well be the case since you were on a direct flight), the mandatory compensation is halved.
There may also have been other breaches of the regulation:
1) did they call for volunteers? (they have to defore IDB-ing anybody)
2) did they provide you with a leaflet detailing your rights under the regulation and the address of the relevant enforcement body? (they also have to under the Reg)
Frankvb is right re cash compensation(or electronic bank transfer) but a voucher exchangeable for cash would be equivalent to cash, as long as it did not involve you in incurring extra cost to get the cash (such as having to travel to a KL office, etc...)
Hmm...yes, I did actually arrive about 1.5 hours earlier at YYZ than with my originally scheduled KLM flight, so I may be out of luck for the full compensation amount.

They did not call for volunteers, they simply told those of us remaining in line that we would not be able to board the flight. No leaflets were given outlining our rights. Does the regulation apply even though I was travelling from an airport outside the EU?

Thanks for your welcoming comments and your help. This is a great resource!