FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM Denied Boarding Compensation TLV-AMS
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2007, 7:05 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk!
You definitely get miles as per originating routing in case of invol reroute with FB. I assume that it is the same with WP but you may want to check that on the WP board. You would have to claim that by writing to WP (rather than KL) explaining that you were involuntarily rerouted.

As to compensation, lack of phone card or meal vouchers, this is way below what EU Reg 261/2004 provides: €400 for flights up to 3500Kms, €600 for longer flights. I think that TLV-AMS is just above the 3.5K kms threshold, so you should have been given €600. You need to write to KL customer relations in your country. If you are based in North America, this presumably means writing to NW customer relations, as, afaik, they handle CR on KL's behalf there.
If I were you, I would also cc the letter to the Dutch enforcement body (address details can be found on the EU Commission website) and to the European Commission as it is utterly unacceptable for EU airlines not to instruct their handling agents to comply with the relevant legislation.