FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pro and college sports teams - how do they travel to games?
Old Nov 10, 2007, 6:43 am
MarqFlyer

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oneant
One could argue that. You're right. They may not get an actual salary (like a pro athlete), but they get more than their fair share of special treatment...mainly due to the amount of $$ brought in by the sport.

For the most part, college athletes in the major sports (and I was one of them) are primadonnas and live high on the hog. I could give a rats a$$ if they traveled from game to game on a cargo plane filled with live goats. It all comes down to what the school can gain from having those athletes there. We're in a capitalist society. The premiere running back or quarterback with a 2.5 GPA is going to be far better compensated in school than the guy with a 3.9 that went to the same school and, one day, ends up being his boss.

The majority of the sportos end up in the business world...if they're lucky. The ones that didn't go pro, and had the silver spoon while in school, wind up working for a guy like me. The college pukes? F 'em.

Aside from their talent in school, they're just another guy with a resume.

So, when it comes to travel, the pros deserve the extra special treatment. We're all paying for it.
Pros deserve extra special treatment, but college athletes don't b/c they're "primadonnas?" Ummm...sorry. No question that college athletes get lots of special treatment, but if you want to meet some real primadonnas, introduce yourself to a pro athlete.