FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 2: Palatable Moderation
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2007, 5:25 pm
Punki
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Well I promised nsx a new sig before I left for New Zealand and this seemed like exactly the right thread in which to initiate it.

Before I changed my sig I read over every post in this thread and found that only five of us had actually answered the question: "What would you suggest would make moderation more palatable to the general membership?"

It amazed me that the question caused such a brouhaha, I thought that everyone on talkboard would be thrilled if we could find a way to make moderation more palatable to the general membership, as well as more fair and even handed. I actually thought that the reason that the moderators got together for meetings was to find ways to make moderation more fair, more even handed and more palatable for the general membership, but then that was just a guess.

So anyway, after reading all of the responses to the question, here is a summary of the answer, and all of them were really good ideas:

Pizzaman = More transparency
nsx = More clearly defined TOS
Punki = Better communication from moderator team to general membership.
skofarrell = Create a system where member feedback of the moderator actions can be reviewed and evaluated
Radioman = More moderators

Good ideas. Heck, I might just vote for all of us.

I sincerely hope that both the TalkBoard (old and new) and the Moderator Team, as well as Randy, make every possible effort to implement these ideas, to make FT moderation even better than it already is. Maybe you can get that JDiver guy to act as a coach. I suspect he might be a professional.

Hope you like my new sig better, nsx.

You never know, there might even be enough crazy people out there that like my ideas, to elect me.@:-)

Last edited by Punki; Nov 8, 2007 at 5:29 pm Reason: typo