FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 7: Term Limits
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:27 am
ClueByFour

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I'm not getting into this here. All I'm doing is countering skofarrell and the claim that there aren't enough good volunteer moderators or TB members.

There are plenty of qualified, good members who want or wanted to be moderators who got rejected. I'd name names, but I think that would not only violate the members' privacy, but likely the TOS as well. I'm moving on from this. If anyone wants details, PM me.
You can't possibly open the can of worms, imply that skofarrell is incorrect, and then shut it again.

Candidly, without knowing what Randy's criteria are for "moderator," or having asked him if you (or these other members) meet them, did not meet them, or why in either event, it's pretty poor form to say "well, there are plenty of good volunteer moderators."

I can't read Randy's mind. Neither can anyone else. Again, I'd consider asking him before assuming that because someone did not have their moderation app handled with the outcome they'd like that the process is broken in the mind of the guy that really matters.

Talkboard members, FT members, and mods don't get to decide who becomes a mod. That's Randy's purview. People running around going "I have 10k posts and years of experience, ergo sum I'd make a good mod, ergo sum it's wrong that I was not chosen" are exactly why this process should not be in the hands of an elected body.