FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How (and where) to embed your pictures in the Travel Photography forum
Old Oct 21, 2007, 1:06 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

FlyerTalk Picture Albums

That's right...FlyerTalk now allows you to have photo albums as part of your user profile. And it looks like you can use that to host images that you want to post on here. IT seems to require a FlyerTalk Premium membership, which will also get rid of the ads on the pages. Not a bad $12/2 years investment, IMO.

To create an album click on the My FlyerTalk link at the top of the page and then click the "Pictures & Albums" link. Follow the links there to create the album and upload the pictures. Make sure that you mark the album as public or links won't work.

Once the images are uploaded, simply click on one of the pictures and on that page at the bottom you'll see an entry that says BB Code. Select the text in that box and paste it into the post. The code will look like this:
[IMG]http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=33&pictureid=213[/IMG]

And it will result in this:

Please note- These instructions are for FlyerTalk Albums. There is a completely different beast known as FlyerTalk Galleries (I had no idea until I got a PM about it tonight (11.15.08) so these instructions will NOT work for Galleries. I'm working on those instructions, or I will be once I get home from my current MR.

Last edited by sbm12; Dec 4, 2008 at 10:19 am