FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many Chase cards do you/can you have?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:05 pm
freeflyin

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by joelmeu
I was thinking about how to maximize rewards with the new dynamic rewards scheme on the Chase Freedom card. With the dynamic rewards scheme you can earn 3.75% cash back on your top 3 spending categories each month, but are limited to $600 in those top 3 categories per month per card.

(Note that the 15 spending categories eligible for the 3.75% reward are: grocery stores, gas & convenience stores, quick service payment/fast food restaurants, telecommunications, cable/satellite TV/Internet Service Providers, video rentals, department stores, dry cleaners, drugstores, movie theatres, local and suburban commuter passenger transportation (including ferries, bridges, tolls, parking garages, taxis/limos), pet supply stores and veterinary services, utilities, beauty shops (salons and spas), or gym/recreation memberships.)

If the number of Chase Freedom cards one could possess was unlimited, then you could earn 3.75% cash back on all of your spending in all 15 eligible categories. For most folks, it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle of managing more than a few Freedom cards though.

Does anyone know how many Chase Freedom cards one can have at a time?

Also, since Chase has other cards that offer 2%-5% back on other categories like travel, office supply stores, home improvement stores, restaurants, vehicle rentals, etc. that would be good to combine with the Freedom card, I was wondering if there was an upper limit on how many Chase cards one can have of any type (Freedom or other)?

Where did you get the 3.75% cash back info on this card?I can only find documentaion for 3%.

Thanks