FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE] Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa, Argentina [Master Thread] LEFT SPG 29 Sep 2017
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:04 pm
skye1

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Was just there in July..as a Plat, was upgraded to a large suite with a HUGE deck. Received a couple of phone calls from the manager, saying that "you're a SPG Plat, one of our most valued guests, & we want to make sure everything about your stay exceeds your expectations." I was allowed a couple of cash w/drawals as a plat, access to the very nice health facility, a cool little welcome gift (iguazu book) in addition to the points. I had been to this hotel before as a Gold, and received a similarly great experience---upgraded to a falls view room, along with the other perks.

As for the Brazilian side, there was a "one-day-visit-pass" option for a taxi-driver trip over to the Brazilian side of the falls. The forms that the taxi driver filled out were from a pre-printed pad of paper, and clearly were not some home-made thing he whipped up in MS Publisher for the occasion. Apparently, they've had so many people wanting to do just the simple trip over to the Brazillian side, that this "legitimizes" the previous "back slap the border guards" methods that have been used in the pass.

I'd also thoroughly recommend timing your visit, if you can, for when the moon is full. The park conducts moonlit walks on the Gartanta Del Diablo trail...some can be packaged with a dinner buffet at the visitors center. The falls by moonlight was absolutely awesome, almost a whole other world compared to it's glory by day...and I'd highly recommend it.