FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit Card Churning For Miles Questions/Issues
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:20 pm
anaggie

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Utter BS? Just because you have a personal relationship with a banker does not mean everyone does. It's quite clear that inquiries affect credit scores and that can affect different people based on their varying financial situations. Personally I'm not worried about my score, I was mentioning it in relation to the previous posters request(which is what resurrected the thread) on how this can affect one's insurance rates. Do you have any insight for devriesryan04 on that issue?
Well, my score is not that high and I just renewed my car insurance. Upon renewal, my agent whom I again have a good relationship with, moved me over to another company which gave me an "ultra preferred" rating thus giving me higher coverages and lowered my biannual payment by $120.

I live in TX and do not know if it is illegal to use one score to determine rates. But I really do not think that credit scores weigh too heavily in a quote. When I added my wife toi my policy, she had zero credit history and my payment went down.....so the whole formula is so FUBAR that even a SUPER CRAY could not solve it.