FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit Card Churning For Miles Questions/Issues
Old Aug 9, 2007, 6:12 pm
Ripper3785

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anaggie
All this hard pulls/soft pulls/ score dropped by 8 pts is utter BS. m I have found that if one has a good realtioship with their banker at a bank and uses that bank to do a home loan, then you should have no worries.

For example: I am a Premier banking customer with BofA and I all I need for the mortgage on my new house is:

700 and the loan has to be with BofA (which is offering the NO FEE PLUS) and my banker will take care of everything else because he knows me personally and knows that chance of me defaulting are 0%
Utter BS? Just because you have a personal relationship with a banker does not mean everyone does. It's quite clear that inquiries affect credit scores and that can affect different people based on their varying financial situations. Personally I'm not worried about my score, I was mentioning it in relation to the previous posters request(which is what resurrected the thread) on how this can affect one's insurance rates. Do you have any insight for devriesryan04 on that issue?