FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - points for sale on e bay
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:04 am
dabis

Programs: hilton honors diamond, United premire executive,
the actual completed e bay auction

50,000 Hilton Honors Honor *HHonors* Hotel Points Item number:

Bidding has ended for this item

Sell an item like this or buy a similar item below.

This item has been added to My eBay for Guests.
As a guest, you can:
Track up to 10 items on this computer in My eBay
Receive an email reminder for this item a few hours before it ends

Winning bid: US $355.00
Make No Payments Until 2008 Apply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ended: Jul-29-07 09:06:02 PDT
Shipping costs: US $5.00
Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service
Service to United States
(more services)
Ships to: United States
Item location: West Caldwell, NJ, United States
History: 21 bids
Winning bidder: ********

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also: Email to a friend

Listing and payment details: *******
Starting time: ************
Starting bid: US $0.99
Payment methods: PayPal,
Personal check,
Money order/Cashiers check
See details

Meet the seller
Seller: ********
Member: since Jun-04-07 in United States

Read feedback comments
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 4 | 100% Positive
Read feedback comments
2. Check how you're protected

Up to $200 in buyer protection. See eligibility.

Description
Up for auction are 50,000 points that are good at Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, and the rest of the hotels in the picture logo. This auction is ideal for a 2 night stay at a category 3 hotel (which is 25,000 points per night.) If you want to stay at a different category hotel, you can choose the first option of receiving points to your account to combine them with points you already have (charges apply for the transfer as per Hilton policy). I am a diamond member at Hilton and I can get some hotels that are not available online, so e-mail me if the hotel you want doesn't have rooms open on your dates. The 2 options for using the points are:

1. You can have these points transfered to your Hilton Honors account. There is a $25.00 fee by Hilton Honors for every 10,000 points that you will be responsible for. Thus, for 50,000 points it would be an extra $125.

or

2. The best and cheaper way is for me to book your stay for you. It can be 2 nights at a category 3 hotel. I can book it and Hilton can either send you the 2 night certificate in your name through the mail or I can have them email it to you and you can print it out on your printer, which ever you would prefer. Upon check-in at the hotel, you may need a credit card for incidentals only...room service, mini bar purchases, or anything extra you buy while visiting the hotel. If you don't buy anything extra, you will not be charged for anything.

To look up a category 3 hotel in the city you want to visit, go to www.hilton.com. Type in your city, state, dates. It will pull up several hotels, click on the hotel's name. Under the "Our Hotel" off to the side it will tell you what category the hotel is. If you can't figure out what category your's is, let me know and I will look it up for you.

If your hotel is a category 4 or 5, I have extra points available that you can purchase in addition to these and we can work out a price for them, just let me know.

Before you bid, please understand the 2 ways to receive these points, so that there is no confusion or misunderstandings.

Please let me know if you have any questions, good luck bidding!

Good Luck!!!

Here are a few FAQ’s:
Where can the points be used?

-- Essentially, any Hilton hotel brand including: Hilton®, Conrad®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations Club®, Homewood Suites by Hilton® and Scandic hotels worldwide

How do I know what 50,000 points will get me?

-- Plug in your reservation dates at www.hilton.com. Choose your hotel and in the “Our Hotel” section near the top of the page, you will find the AAA Diamond rating, Hilton HHonors Reward Category and also under that, a listing showing how many points are required for a free night. 50,000 points will yield you at least one night at 99% of the Hilton family hotels in the world. It is a great bargain for some of the more expensive hotels.

Can I get this as a gift for someone?

-- Yes