FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - points for sale on e bay
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:27 pm
flyboy_421

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Southwest tickets used to be bartered all the time when they issued the paper tickets. There was a place in Dallas that, at one point, was paying 330 cash per ticket. At the same time there were a number of deals going on that made it possible to generate a ticket every other round trip. That was very compelling. At one point I had accumulated over 30 tickets worth of points, So of course I sold them, it was almost 9K in cash. Amazing thing of it, I went to this address that I had plugged into neverlost, and was buzzed into this non-descript office that had nothing but cheap overstock leftover office furniture in it, I told the girl who was sitting behind the desk that I had these tickets to sell, and she checked each one. She then reached into this drawer and started counting $100 bills out. I couldn't believe it.

Now would I sell my HHonors points? I dunno, $335 per 50K? that's pretty reasonable, seems overpriced though.

Scott