FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - question about travelling with an infant
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2007, 9:39 am
jonesing

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
Originally Posted by Finite Elephant
2. The one form of ID you can get for a child of any age is a passport (I know, not particularly helpful given the current passport mess in the US unless you've got time). We got one for Little Elephant at 3 months (hint: take picture straight down while baby lies on back).
Roger that! ^ When we tried taking BabyJ's photos at 2 months we kinda winged it. Kudos to the kid at Kinko's for having the patience of Job. We went late night to avoid the crowds and wound up taking a white sheet to drape over the carrier. The kid had to take 3 or 4 retakes before he got the required face size WITH his eyes open! I like the UK's rules...kids under 4 or so don't have to have their eyes open.

Originally Posted by baglady
When gate checking the stroller and/or car seat - put one of the big plastic bags the airlines use (ask for these at check in; I've never been told no) to protect from dirt and moisture. If you already have a travel case/cover it's not needed, but if you don't very helpful in keeping your items clean and dry.
You know, I never though about that! It probably would have been handy the one time we connected flew into DEN--it was snowy, we deplaned onto the tarmac and had to collect the gate-checked items outside. For some reason the strollers came off behind the rollaboards so it wasn't too wet. I'll have to ask for our upcoming trip to Vegas.