FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comedy of Errors (left item on plane - AA not helpful)
Old Jun 24, 2007, 8:16 pm
smithrh

Originally Posted by gemac
Hi, sam_minkowitz. Welcome to Flyertalk.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has ever reported on this forum leaving something on an AA plane, so I think you are in uncharted waters. Good luck in getting your stuff back.
Well, I'm not sure if you're being, umm, obtuse or if you left out "and getting it back"... but just in case the latter is the case, I too left an ipod/bose combination on an AA flight.

Called Platinum number from the rental car bus, they got me in touch with the AA lost and found at Denver, they told me they had my gear (impressive - it hadn't taken me very long to get to the bus from the plane that day) and I could either pick it up then or when I returned for my outbound.

What was really nice was the the person who answered the lost and found phone also gave me her name and said something to the effect of "I am personally going to guarantee you get this back."

When I claimed it, they wanted ID and they took it out of a locked locker.

So, there are some success stories, but if the cleaning crew isn't honest, you're probably SOL.

Note: someone mentioned pax looking in the seatbacks while exiting, in my experience they're generally looking for the sports section or the financial section...